Friday, June 13, 2008

Busted!!

For the last 2 weeks, I have been puzzling over what appear to be footprints in my garden. Not anything I can identify, just a random indent in the soil. I noticed the first one in my carrots, where it appeared that something had stepped onto one of the very small, very delicate carrots. Just one indent, just one footprint. It couldn't be a rabbit. I thought perhaps a cat, just walking through, but why just a single footprint?

This morning, when the boys and I took our first stroll out to the garden, as I headed across the yard (imagine dramatic, suspenseful music here), I spied a deer (music swells), walking casually by the garden...just passing through. Hmmm, not a good sign. And when I got to the garden, this is what I found:


One of my eggplant seedlings, suddenly almost leafless!! It might be time to put a door on the fence that goes around the garden.

1 comment:

Retired Knitter said...

Oh my! and I heard from mom that your garden received many other "visits" while you were working in New York.... How frustrating.